Thursday, January 5, 2012

La Bandera Cubana

Since you probably just read the title of this post, you have likely figured out that our first country for the year 2012 is Cuba. If this is not your first time reading this blog then you also know that the first thing we do when we start learning about a new country is recreate the flag. Even though one of my goals for 2012 is to learn to sew, I am still unable to sew a recreation of a flag, and construction paper and glue sticks are still really great crafting mediums for 7 and 4 year old children. I gathered up the supplies, construction paper (blue, red and white), a straight edge, a pencil, scissors, and a glue stick. We opened up the computer to an image of the Cuban Flag (La Bandera Cubana) to look at for reference. 


Cutting.
Gluing.
This is what happens after Eliana pokes me in the eye. I think she might have said, "Sorry." but I can't be sure since she was laughing so hard.
Still laughing... 
Back to business. (Our dog, Roxy is sleeping in the background)
Really focused on cutting the star.
And it's done.

To learn more about The Cuban Flag and the meaning behind it's colors, be sure to check out the Wikipedia page that we read.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I was just thinking- this summer is the olympics- I bet your kids will totally rock at ID'ing the flags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. Love the kids' hipster t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AKJenn, maybe I should test them ;)

    Andrea, I am very fortunate that my brother and sister inlaw have really great taste in children's attire, they send my kids the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Most Visited