Last week one of my readers nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award.
I wasn't really sure what that meant, but after a bit of reading, I found out that basically the nomination is the award. Bloggers nominate other bloggers, post about it, thus sharing some love with the blogs that they like to read. In turn, those bloggers, thank the person who nominated them and nominate their own favorite blogs/ bloggers. I have never heard of this before, but I suppose it's somewhat like a chain letter, you get this, then you do that. You are not obligated to do it, but it's kind of a nice gesture. So, I decided that I would participate.
So here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. (Include a link to their blog)
2. Next, select 15 blogs that you follow (and think are worth sharing).
3. Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (Make sure you tell them so that they can share it with their readers.)
4. You are also supposed to tell the person who nominated you 7 random things about yourself (I don't know if you are supposed to post it on your blog, or send them a message) but I think that's kind of weird, so I'm skipping that :) (But I will share that my favorite color changes almost weekly and this week it's green :))
I was nominated by someone who found my blog through Pinterest. Many thanks to Lindsey, who's blog is called Love & Stories, for sharing the love with a fellow "new blogger" (she and I have both been blogging for less than a year). I am super eager to start following her blog.
I'm supposed to choose 15 blogs to nominate, but there aren't that many that I read (that haven't already been nominated once or even twice for this award). So here goes.
1. Love Is Written Here. This has become one of my favorite blogs. This mama writes about the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to parenting two young girls, and juggling all that comes with children and life.
2. Beck Meets Bastet. This is a brand spanking new blog. Becky was Aiden's teacher last year and just started blogging, her posts are always inspiring and I realize why we loved her so much last year (and still do).
3. Kid World Citizen Always interesting. A mom of four from around the world, blogs about teaching kids about the world. I love this blog.
4. Hardy Girls Healthy Women This blog belongs to an organization that focuses on the health and well being of girls and women. I also guest blogged for them recently, so that's fun.
5. Remains of Day Andrea is a mom of three boys, with a full time job, who is going to school and creating cool art and experiences along the way.
6. Lunches Fit For A Kid This is a blog about what's for lunch, for this mom's kids that is. She photographs her children's lunches and includes details about what's inside. She also shares recipes. She makes fun bunny breads, rainbow breads, and lots of other cool stuff.
7. Experienced Bad Mom- This blog is filled with sarcasm and funny stories. Katy is funny and her kids seem to be surviving (I don't know what this bad mom stuff is all about ;)) .... even if they can't spell broccoli correctly.
So, I know I totally can't follow the rules. 15 blogs!!!! I'm new(ish) to all of this and I am lucky if I get to read all of these everyday (or as often as they post).
Go ahead, check these blogs out, make sure to tell them that Mamacita sent you!
**We are heading to a new country next week, I hope you're ready!**