Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wrapping Up Our Egyptian Tour

As we close in on the end of the month, I am working on finalizing our menu and putting together a grocery list for our Egyptian dinner. Before that can be done though, we still had to scratch our map and stamp our passports. 

The first thing I did was have the kids scratch our scratch map that we got for Christmas and I first mentioned, here. It didn't take long to scratch only one country, and having the kids take turns seemed a little crazy, but they each scratched a part of it and so they were happy. 

Next up was passport stamping. I decided that rather than cut a potato stamp like I usually do, I would incorporate another gift that my kids were eager to use. For Christmas, Aiden got some Egyptian stencils (like these) and we have been trying to figure out how to work them into a project. We decided that for this month, we would use the stencils to "stamp" our passports. We chose to use The Eye of Horus stencil and then color them with markers

You can see the passports being made here.






With the making of the flag, the crafting, the snacking, the belly dancing, and the passport stamping behind us. We look forward to a delicious meal that we will be enjoying soon, you can read all about it right here on Monday. 


What kinds of things have you created with your littles lately? Have you been inspired by my obsession and tried to use Sculpey with them yet? Have you tried any new foods? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Visited