Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bandera Nacional Peruana

First and foremost, I would like to take a minute to give a giant heartfelt THANK YOU to you, my readers! I mentioned here that Mamacita Spins The Globe had been nominated for The Best Family Blog of Apartment Therapy's 2012 Homie Awards. When I heard that I had been nominated, I was flattered and shocked. I have been blogging for only a few months and have been getting such wonderful feedback from people. I knew that this humble little blog would not win the first place award. What I did not know was that this blog would end up so close to the top of the list. When the voting closed, there were 249 nominees and Mamacita Spins The Globe came in 30th! 30th place is so much bigger than I had expected with so many wonderful blogs on the list. So, again, Thank You! Thank you to those of you who voted, shared the link with others for votes and to those of you who read my blog. Perhaps next year, I'll see this little blog reach the top 25... and if it doesn't, that's ok. I will keep on doing this, for my family, for our world, and for you. 

NOW... onto the first step of our Peruvian tour (or second if you count this). A recreation of The Peruvian Flag. When I first started looking for images of the flag of Peru, I saw many versions of the flag, and knew that I would have to do more research to figure out which flag is actually "THE" Peruvian flag. 

There are several versions, used by the Peruvian society. There is the National Flag, also known as the Civil Flag. There is the National Ensign (state flag) which is flown by state institutions. The War Flag (Bandera de Guerra), which is flown by the Peruvian military and police. Finally, there is the Naval jack, flown on battleships. All of these flags start from the same place, red with a white center. Once I had read what each of these flags are used for I decided that it was most appropriate for us to stick with the Civil Flag which is used by Peruvian citizens. 


The red and white flag in the middle is the Peruvian Flag. 



A picture too silly not to include.
You can see all of the variations of the Peruvian Flag that I mentioned above, here.

This Just In:
If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you might remember when I joined the Pinterest Challenge, in November, that is hosted by Young House Love and a few other bloggers. The challenge was created to motivate people to stop pinning and start creating projects that have been inspired from Pinterest. Last time, I created a Dia de los Muertos Lunch for my littles (see that post here.) Today, Sherry at Young House Love announced that it is time for another Pinterest Challenge. I have been pinning away and I am ready to start the next challenge! The deadline is next Wednesday, but I'm intending to have it done for Monday's post... check in to see what I have been "pinspired" to create! :) If you are like me and have been pinning like a mad woman/ man, please join this challenge! 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on doing so well in the contest! Thanks, as always, for sharing - love the silly mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was so surprised to do so well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Most Visited